How to Join
Membership in the McKinney Quilter's Guild is open to any person interested in the art of quilting. Dues for a one year membership are $30.00 and are due January 1st. Dues must be paid by January 31st in order to be included in the directory. Family dues are $30 + $10 per additional person who resides at the same address. Dues paid after September 1st are $15.00. A new member is defined as a person that has not previously joined the guild. Family members are defined as a second adult in a household, any children under 18 in the household and all grandchildren under 18. You may print the Membership Form. Complete your information and mail the application form, along with the appropriate fees, to the address listed on the form. If you have any questions, contact the Membership Chair by email.
Benefits of Membership
- Monthly Meetings - These meetings are an opportunity for fellowship with fellow quilters and for learning from local and national speakers.
- Workshops - The Guild offers workshops to its members and the general public. These workshops include hand-on techniques and are an opportunity to work with and learn from internationally recognized quilt designers. authors, and teachers.
- Guild Activities - In addition to monthly activities such as Guild Challenges and Show 7 Tell, the Guild sponsors two annual retreats. You can spend 3-5 days quilting, eating, laughing, relaxing, enjoying the fellowship of other quilters, and just being away from home.
- Community Service - One of the most rewarding benefits of membership is the opportunity as a volunteer to make quilts for organizations in the McKinney area. Members of the Guild made and donated over 100 quilts this year alone.
- Education - The McKinney Quilter's Guild is proud to have within its membership talented quilters, from beginner to advanced, who generously volunteer to serve the McKinney community providing educational lectures, workshops, demonstrations, etc. Any member interested in volunteering for such events, as they arise, is welcome.
- Newsletter and Web Site - The Guild publishes a monthly newsletter containing minutes of the previous month's meeting and information on up-coming events. The Guild's website has a wealth of historical information, photos, programs, and workshop information, as well as links to numerous quilt shops and quilt related sites.
If you want a copy of the Bylaws, just click Download file and print from your computer.